Skip to main content

Inner Engineering : The Beginning

Read about my guru here.

The problem with waiting is that I can’t do it indefinitely. There was a yearning to do “something” at least. Reading up various articles and browsing their website umpteen times brought me to settle at Inner Engineering. I wanted to experience the advanced programs actually, but for that "Inner Engineering" was a pre-requisite. So I thought, let me take the first step and do that. 

I got to know that they schedule IE from time to time at various locations across Bangalore. The nearest center for me from the listed ones was Jayanagar. I vaguely remembered that months ago I had been browsing the website and had come across an IE course in Marc School of Business which is like a stone’s throw from my home. I had at that time come to that website as our neighbors (who were not his fans, BTW) had mentioned him and I had no clue who he was. At that time I had just glanced through the site n sent them the link for the program saying, "Hey look, your fav is conducting a course here." I hadn't even bothered to go through the program details. Cut to now, I was hoping that the program would be scheduled at the same place once again. I used to check the website every day if it was updated. But I could not find any upcoming IE courses there and I pushed the thought aside as a one-time event. By now I had made up my mind to do IE, come what may. So the only options left were Jayanagar and Coimbatore. Each of these had its own pros and cons. But Coimbatore wasn’t really an option in the practical sense, at least at this time. 

Then one day near the end of January, I saw the IE program scheduled for March 2016 and in Marc. Wow, what luck!!! I could not stop smiling for the rest of the day :). I had a few questions about the program and wanted to know more about it before going ahead. Luckily there was a number mentioned in the program listing and I immediately called up. It was not reachable. Same story the next day too. I waited 3 days to call again and this time, a volunteer received and replied that she was out of the station and would call me with the details once she was back in town. I had run out of patience by now, so I filled up the form on the web portal. 

It was Fearless’s school day (13th Feb) and we had just gotten home after the function. Since Fearless was tired, he had his dinner and went straight to bed at 8:00 PM. We too decided to sleep early for a change. I was just lying down and remembered that I had not brought my mobile to bed (I usually put it on airplane mode and keep it near me for the morning alarm). Ashwin was already asleep. I got up to get my mobile and was about to put it in airplane mode when I got a call from an unknown number. It happened to be an Isha volunteer’s call. He had seen my web registration and since I had mentioned that I had some questions, he patiently answered them all. I confirmed his name again and saved his number so that, god forbid, if he too forgot to send the payment details, I could call up and pester him. Or, if I end up with some other volunteer, I can tell them that I spoke with so-and-so (out of habit after talking to so many call center people). Turned out, I was worrying unnecessarily. I got the payment details the very next day and within the next 2 days, I had done the payment and gotten the confirmation too. I was elated.

Exactly a month later, March 16-22, I took the Inner Engineering course. Every paisa was worth it. 

More details about IE in the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Auli - Day 2

Contd from previous post " Trip to Auli - Day 1 " Neither of us realized the alarm go off at 4:00 AM and when we finally did get up, it was 8:30 AM..!! :-O The only other option to reach Joshimath was to travel the 8 hours/300 kms by taxi. We knew it was going to be Rs. 3000 (as per our hom ework) two-way, as in we have to pay for the return journey as well. But it turned out to be Rs. 4000. We tried our bargaining skills with the taxi federation or whatever there, but to no avail and so we were put on an Ambassador car, our driver being a Akram. He later introdu ced hims elf to us as Vikram. The views on the outskirts of Dehradun were good. It was very foggy as well. E ven at 10:30 AM, the visibility remained hampered. There are a lot of camping sites on the way. There are lots of shops the locals have set up that offer camping, trekking and rafting. The camps looked inviting with tents and gazebo kind of things set up on the river side. The river itself was blue

Trip to Auli - Day 1

The trip started on 9 Jan, 2010 at the vee hours of 4:00 AM. The hardest part of getting up so early and the next hardest part of giving directions to our house to a confused taxi driver tackled, we were all set to the airport. I had not expected the roads and the lightings to look so spectacular in the dark. It was better than Mumbai's Queens necklace :D  Reaching the airport (Bangalore International Airport) and checked in, had an expensive Idli/vada/sambar (Rs. 90) and roamed around the duty free shops till it was time to leave. The Go Indigo flight was scheduled to take off at 6:30 AM. The gates opened at 5:50 and by 6:15 we were tucked in nicely in the aircraft, though the leg space was a little cramped. We even got to see the sunrise on our flight and it was oh so beautiful. Landed at Delhi (Indira Gandhi International Airport) by 9:00 AM. The outside temperature was 10 degrees. It was cold, tolerable and thick smoke was visible when people spoke :D Our next destination wa

All excited... :)

We are just three days away from our first wedding anniversary. December 4, 2008 was the day we tied the knot, officially ;) The day the word 'freedom' found a deeper meaning :) It was my wish to go on a holiday every year during the time of our marriage. And so we are planning a trip to Auli, Uttaranchal in January next year. Though the initial plan was to go there during December, we had to postpone it to Jan to coincide with Ayush's wedding. That way, we could have our trip as well as attend his wedding at the same time. We were planning to visit Shimla/Mossourie earlier but after some Google (re)search, we settled for Munsyari. Further research saw us chucking that n finalizing on Auli. I've been to Haridwar, Badrinath, n Kedarnath before but have only seen snow caps on the distant mountains. This would be the first time I would touch snow. I'm all excited :) We are also having a family get together (hubby's side) in December. I've been trapped into