Skip to main content

I was just being me... :)

This was published way back in July 2006 on my site http://namrathabaliga.googlepages.com/. It wasn't updated after that except for 3 more pages during the same time. Re-publishing all of them here. All the work is original by yours truly :)

This was the first post, rather, an intro page ;)

---

I live in my own mad world...The world is exactly how i want it to be. No hatred, no jealously n nothing negative. Life's just cool. I live there with my loved ones - my parents n friends...all are healthy n safe here. I do not have to think before I do anything. I can be stupid... I can be smart... I can be everything I want to be... I can do anything I want to do... I can have solitude and I can have a party... I can enjoy... I can sulk... I can smile without having to answer why... I can cry without having any reason... I can relive the moments I want... and I can dream...I can think of places I have been to n places want to go... I do not have to answer anybody anything... I do not need to justify my actions to anyone... In my world I can be just me...No strings attached :)

---

The poems follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Auli - Day 2

Contd from previous post " Trip to Auli - Day 1 " Neither of us realized the alarm go off at 4:00 AM and when we finally did get up, it was 8:30 AM..!! :-O The only other option to reach Joshimath was to travel the 8 hours/300 kms by taxi. We knew it was going to be Rs. 3000 (as per our hom ework) two-way, as in we have to pay for the return journey as well. But it turned out to be Rs. 4000. We tried our bargaining skills with the taxi federation or whatever there, but to no avail and so we were put on an Ambassador car, our driver being a Akram. He later introdu ced hims elf to us as Vikram. The views on the outskirts of Dehradun were good. It was very foggy as well. E ven at 10:30 AM, the visibility remained hampered. There are a lot of camping sites on the way. There are lots of shops the locals have set up that offer camping, trekking and rafting. The camps looked inviting with tents and gazebo kind of things set up on the river side. The river itself was blue

Agent Squirrel on the Roof

Caught this squirrel outside our house when we had been home for Dasara. Busy Oops! she spots me. She's found something!! Or someone!! There he is, the villain!! It started to rain after this episode so everyone went back to their respective abodes, including me. Later I caught her again. See for yourself what she does this time :D.  Agent Squirrel

Mangalore Dasara

We are natives of Bantwal. Having spent a considerable amount of time in Bantwal you get to know and be a part of lot of festivals. Bantwal being a small town, the kind of crowd that comes there is usually known. It is usually the family and friends of the townspeople that come to the town during such festivals and the annual town’s festival (Teru). As far as I am concerned I know people only by their face. I do not know who is from whose family and related to whom. Compared to my friends I am like a stranger in my own town. In Bantwal during Dasara, Sharada murthis are kept in the Venkataramana Temple courtyard till the time of Visarjan. The murthi will be dressed in a different ‘avatar’ each day. The visarjan day is a particularly enjoyable event. It takes place in the night and there will be a huge procession following which the murthi is submerged in the Nethravathi river. People will be dressed as mythological characters and be placed on the back of a truck (tableau) decorated